Administrator and Finance Assistant
Job Title: Administrator and Finance Assistant
Responsible to: Senior Leadership Team & School Business Manager
Pay Scale: Scale 5 (pro-rata)
Terms: Fixed Term contract until 22nd July 2020. Term time only.
Role: The school is seeking to appoint an Administrator and Finance Assistant to organise and maintain administrative and financial systems within the school.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 12.30pm (22.5 hours per week)
Applications: Completed forms and supporting documents should be sent to ‘email@example.com’ or posted to ‘Stamford Hill Primary School, Berkeley Road, Tottenham, London, N15 6HD’. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Closing date: Friday 21th September 2019 (noon). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The vacancy will be withdrawn once a suitable candidate is selected.
Interview date: By the 27th September 2019
Start date: Sept 2019
Stamford Hill Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. Our environment is diverse in character and in its student population and we aspire to reflect this diversity in our staff. We positively welcome applications from minority groups. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This is reflected in our rigorous approach to the recruitment and professional development of staff. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide administrative support
- To be the first point of contact for all callers to the school, on the telephone and in person.
- Deal with queries and complaints, pass on messages and arrange staff cover.
- Liaise with contractors and ensure that visitors have had the appropriate vetting before entering the school.
- To welcome visitors to the school and to operate the telephone system, taking messages and dealing with routine enquiries both internal and external to the school.
- To provide high quality administrative support under the direction of the School Business Manager and SLT. This will include maintaining the school’s MIS, maintaining the dinner money systems, writing letters, keeping records up to date (both electronic and paper systems), organising club activities and debt recovery.
- To manage attendance data and make referrals as appropriate.
- Undertake tasks as required that ensure the smooth running of the office and school.
To provide effective financial support
- Assist within the framework provided by the Headteacher and School Business Manager in the management of the finances of the school
- To be responsible for the collection and checking of money due to the school, including dinner money, lettings, trips etc.
- To be responsible for the preparation of money for banking
- To pursue the recovery of monies due to the school (i.e. dinner money, after school club fees) on a regular basis.
- To assist in the operation of internal funds, the checking of the receipt of goods and passing of invoices for payment.
- Inputting invoices onto the financial system, adding suppliers etc.
- Undertake financial tasks as required.
To maintain effective administrative systems within the school
- To assist in the maintenance and updating of admission and transfer of pupils, generation of registers, attendance lists, class lists and medical records.
- To be responsible for the day to day collection of pupil numbers for school dinners, absences, lateness etc. and to update information on class registers/M.I.S.
- To liaise with staff within and outside the council on pupil attendance and related matters, e.g. transport services, primary and secondary schools, audiology clinics, speech and occupational therapists, Educational psychologist, District Health Authority and Social Services as required.
- To assist in providing support to parents/carers and pupils of the school, welcoming them to the school community and providing appropriate information and administrative support to them within the school.
- To input data into the computerised management system provided.
- To assist in the maintenance of electronic filing systems provided.
- To undertake training to achieve the competences required to operate the Management Information Systems and the associated hardware, and software provided at the school in order to undertake responsibilities with the post.
To undertake other temporary administrative duties as required from time to time within the basic objectives of the post. All applicants should be committed to equal opportunities, inclusion, safeguarding and the welfare of children.
Please Note: This job description is intended as a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of this post, which reasonably may vary from time to time according to the needs of the service. It does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment. All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements and the allocation of duties including duties normally allocated to posts at a lower responsibility level, in pursuance of raising pupil achievement and effective team working.
- Excellent IT skills including a good knowledge of Microsoft programmes (including Word and Excel).
- Ability to organise and maintain reliable administrative systems.
- Excellent numeracy skills and basis accounting skills.
- Ability to form good relationships and communicate clearly, concisely and sensitively in writing and orally with parents, staff and pupils.
- Ability to work with enthusiasm and commitment, using own initiative and as part of a team, prioritising own workload and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding and ability to deal with matters of confidentiality.
- Professional attitude at all times.
- Able to work in challenging circumstances.
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and safeguarding.
- Punctual with a good attendance record.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Resilient and enthusiastic.
- Brilliant organisational skills.
PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OFFICE ON 02088002898 OR firstname.lastname@example.org FOR AN APPLICATION PACK.